Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PRODIGY # 1 ANWESHAA DATTA GUPTA



As my personal tribute to her, I open the first writeup on Prodigies with Anweshaa. No singer worth his or her salt could affect my capricornian cold blooded heart as Anweshaa could do with sheer magic in her voice.Not a day passes without my listening to her songs and watching her mesmerizing performance videos.

I am not ashamed to say that Annu's songs brought in a wonderful change in my total personality.If anyone watches her videos on YouTube and takes care to read the comments, he or she would realize that this magical girl has touched the hearts of people throughout the world.

Anweshaa Datta Gupta a singing senseation was born on 15th December 1993 in Bombay.She has music flowing through her veins because her Mother Mita Ji called as "Mita Boudi" by all of us is a very good singer herself. Her father Kushalda describes himself in his own words thus,

"I really wish I could sing !! God has not been benevolent in this regard. I am an ardent music lover - I breath music, I dream music, music is an integral part of my consciousness, my existance. But unfortunately, dada, I cannot sing!"
He,Mita Boudi and Annu are the most unassuming and simple folks you would rarely come across. There is not an iota of false pride or haughiness in any of them and especially Anweshaa who is in total control of herself. Success has never gone to her head and her feet are firmly planted on earth.

Her official fan club on ORKUT describes her thus.

"A musical genius is how one can describe 15 year old Anweshaa with her mesmerizing performances each week at Voice of India,Chotte Ustaad. Here her journey started after which there is no looking back. After all here is an unsurmountable talent known for her soulful singing which conveys every emotion through her melodious voice. Her amazing sense of sur, perfect pitching, voice modulations and her octave shifts mark her singing prowess. A child prodigy who is indeed blessed by Maa Sarawati herself, ANWESHAA is the playback voice of this generation.

Following are my all time favourite videos.


MERE DHOLNA




MAHI VE



MOHIYOSHI




HUM DIL DE CHUKE SANAM



SHANKAR KORE DAMAROO BAJE




BHOR BHAYE PANAGHAT PE



MORNI BAAGA MA BOLE



MAUSAM KI ADLA BADALI



MAYYA MAYYA GULABI TAARE

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job hemantdada... kudos to u for giving us an insight of Anwesha not just the singer, but also Anwesha the person. And for me, it has been a real previlege to be a member of her Official Fan Club right from the CU days, for this fan club has not just given me oppurtunity to follow this kid's progress, but also some of my closest friends.
    I would take this oppurtunity to pen a few lines about what 2 of Anwesha's competetors think about her.
    Jayant Singh, the kiddo Ghazal maestro was in the same show as Anwesha. He clearly goes on to say "Anwesha... my competetor and my favorite female singer".
    Prakriti Giri, another sweet kid from the same show, inspite of being humliated in Jaipur, has never stopped short of saying that Anwesha is one of the best female singers that she had seen and much more deserving than her.
    I think these 2 snippets will go on to show that Anwesha is definitely one of the most adored singers to have come out of a reality show in the recent past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just one correction that humliation of Prakriti was in the 2nd Bhopal episode.. she was eliminated in the first episode shot in Jaipur. We are discussing Anwesha here, but brought up Prakriti to show 1) what she felt about Anwesha and 2)applaud her spirit. I have to say that I never voted for Prakriti.. but always admired her spirit and truthfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arindam,

    Thanks for your comments. They are very aptly put.
    A note about the userper to the CU crown aishwarya. Neither she , nor her parents who put her up and "GOT" her the crown like MANNA from Heaven , have ever said anything about Anweshaa's singing superiority.

    Time has answered in form of a lot of film playback opportunities and foreign visits arranged by real fans .

    Thanks goes to expat Bengali associations of Bay Area USA and New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dada don't bring in Aish in the discussion we all know that she is a "dud"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Arindam, I cannot forget and forgive injustice done to the most deserving contestant Anweshaa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dada.. when I check the internet and find Aishwaraya being a part of India's Independence day celebrations in at least 2 cities (Dallas and LA) and she singing in big budget shows organized by Pratham, my blood boils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arindam,

    Her father is associated with the organizers.
    So don't boil your blood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think she is a real great singer, i'm from Peru,but i like indian singers and i really like Anwesha Datta, she sings like the angels must sing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course, Anwesha is better than ashwarya... i'm not happy with the final results..in that tv program.:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anwesha i saw you all shows, AMul Music ka Maha Muqabala.

    You are Fantastic!

    God bless you!

    Love you!

    Arslan from Pakistan!

    ReplyDelete