Thursday, July 9, 2009

STAR JALSHA...........'RoyalBengal Super Stars'

Anweshaa is one of the participants in the above programme where she, IMHO, is the only star and others are just fireflies. She gave her first performance and sang "Daiya yeh Main Kahaan Aa Fasi".
It is such a great pleasure to see this "Bala Saraswati" perform with abandon after a long long time.
I am eagerly waiting for more of her performances of Star Jalsha.



Eventhough she did a great job as she does , I personally thought that her rendition lacked continuity in places esp. when the octaves are changed. Honestly speaking, something was missing in her rendition.I also think that she sounded over confident.I have heard this song by many singers but I am yet to get the original feel as sung by Ashaji. Twinkle Bajpai did a good job (for continuity)but it is best if one listens to the original also.

And by the way, is it Fasi or Phasi?

8 comments:

  1. Anwesha was no doubt great in the performance. However, Anwesha sung the same song in Chhote Ustaad. So far as I am concerned, I liked her performance in CU more.
    Also, I hope that Saibaba allows Anwesha to sing songs like lag ja gale, inhi logone, iye zindegi usi ki hai.In other words, I would like to hear songs that Anwesha sing songs that she has not sung in cu on this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ hemant da,
    who's dimple bajpai??? As far as i remember twinkle bajpai of sa re ga ma pa c-2005 had rendered this song beautifully....

    ReplyDelete
  3. shambo,

    Thanks for correcting me. It is indeed Twinkle and not Dimple and I corrected the error.
    Twinlkle's voice quality is bad but continuity was great.!!

    Thank God she has stopped singing and started acting in serials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ hemant da,
    her voice quality may not be good but her singing was definitely not bad.... If you can do listen to her "O babua"... It was excellent... If you do find the link,put it up here.... I could not find it myself....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shambo,
    I did not say that her singing was bad. Her voice was having a "Kharash" which robbed her singing capability of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ hemnata da,
    By the way when does this show "Star jalsha...." get televised as on which days???

    ReplyDelete
  7. shambo,

    It is telecast in Bengal and I think it is aired on every wednesday and Thursday at 9.30 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ hemanta da,
    Thanx for the info...

    ReplyDelete